home | battlebots forum | battlebots.com | buildersdb | pine view's blog

Follow the combined efforts of the Curhans and Eddie Burgess as they prepare for BATTLEBOTS 2010!
We Need Your Help!

After three years of involvement in Battlebots, and a national high school victory under our belts, we decided that it was time to go pro. With a student at the University of South Florida, another at Carnegie Mellon University, and a professional engineer in industry combining their knowledge and understanding of all things mechanical and electrical, the team is set to do well. If you would like to support our efforts, please send us an email at dancurhan@gmail.com and let us know that you are interested. There are many ways of supporting us!


Wednesday, June 10, 2009

endcaps mostly done

The endcaps/bearing cups for my drum are almost finished. The last step is going to be a little tricky without a rotary table in our milling machine, but I'll find a way. I need to cut the two tabs out of the big disc that I left for that purpose, and drill the two interfacing holes for the tapped ends of the teeth on the drum. The TinyESCs came today, along with my bearings and shaft and top armor (I'm not revealing what that is yet... :P but it should be good). I haven't started my frame yet, but that's the next step after I finish these endcaps.

My dad HAS started machining his frame from a solid block of 6061, and I actually have a photo of it (before he started cutting away the insides, though). It has a spinning weapon on the front end, a different battery, and bigger drive motors than mine, but otherwise the same internal components (weapon motor, ESCs, etc). It should be a good father-son bonding experience if/when we fight against each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment