home | battlebots forum | battlebots.com | buildersdb | pine view's blog

Follow the combined efforts of the Curhans and Eddie Burgess as they prepare for BATTLEBOTS 2010!
We Need Your Help!

After three years of involvement in Battlebots, and a national high school victory under our belts, we decided that it was time to go pro. With a student at the University of South Florida, another at Carnegie Mellon University, and a professional engineer in industry combining their knowledge and understanding of all things mechanical and electrical, the team is set to do well. If you would like to support our efforts, please send us an email at dancurhan@gmail.com and let us know that you are interested. There are many ways of supporting us!


Friday, July 10, 2009

competition is TOMORROW!

The GCRS2 competition is tomorrow. Both our bots are ...finished, I guess. We've had to make some compromises. Driving them around today beating up old computer parts and a joke-chassis I bolted together was pretty fun. Conundrum can hit pretty hard, but I've been having glitchy radio problems. Apparently, Spektrum screwed up the programming on their AR6100 chip, and a lot of people are having problems with it - including ME. This is the second one I've put in (I had to replace the first after it stopped connecting AND binding to ANYTHING), so it's brand new, and giving me problems. I spin up my drum for a few seconds, start driving, and I lose radio signal, the drum stays on for a second or two, then shuts off. Sometimes the bot spins in place (one wheel forwards, one wheel back). It's really frustrating. And then, sometimes it works fine!

We'll see how things go tomorrow...

This is what I managed to document until my camera died (before we started doing all the really good stuff, of course...)







No comments:

Post a Comment