home | battlebots forum | battlebots.com | buildersdb | pine view's blog

Follow the combined efforts of the Curhans and Eddie Burgess as they prepare for BATTLEBOTS 2010!
We Need Your Help!

After three years of involvement in Battlebots, and a national high school victory under our belts, we decided that it was time to go pro. With a student at the University of South Florida, another at Carnegie Mellon University, and a professional engineer in industry combining their knowledge and understanding of all things mechanical and electrical, the team is set to do well. If you would like to support our efforts, please send us an email at dancurhan@gmail.com and let us know that you are interested. There are many ways of supporting us!


Thursday, June 18, 2009

I have a bot!

I made some major progress over the last few days, so I think it's time to talk about it.

I had to remake my motor mount because the old plan wasn't going to work. This one's 10 grams heavier, and too tall for my bot, so I need to cut a window in the top armor to let it stick out. But there really wasn't any other way of doing it. I finished my frame assembly with the front corner blocks and shaft. The drum is also getting close to being finished. I have a small alignment problem which prevents me from tightening the screws that hold the endcaps on down all the way because when I do it locks the shaft and doesn't spin. I also need to replace the bearings because I bought Perma-Lube bearings which have a LOT of friction... This is a learning process! I'm struggling to find a belt that will fit into my design, but I finally ordered two today (two different sizes because I'm not sure which one I need). Those should show up tomorrow. I cut the slots for the wheels and drum, and drilled mounting holes for the drive motor assemblies. It all goes together nicely. Everything actually fits inside! I also started my wiring. I got a rough setup running and twitched the bot on my tabletop, then I cut everything to length and finished the drive system. Shortening PWM cables is a pain because I didn't have a bucket of fresh crimp-on pin receptors or whatever you want to call them - I had to pry them out of the plastic piece and off the end of the wire. It took a long time. I finally got the drive system running, and drove around for a little bit before I realized that I had never charged my battery. No wonder things were going slow..

1 comment:

  1. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com}

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to Le_Meridian Funding Service and for the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: { lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com} Or WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete